Patrick J. Cooper joined the firm in 2009. After putting in long hours with relentless dedication and tirelessly working to help his clients achieve the best possible outcomes he became Sadek and Cooper’s first partner in 2013 and is the head of the firm's family law practice group.
Patrick is a calm and steady presence for families in distress. As a divorce attorney and skilled divorce mediator he has helped hundreds of families navigate the complexities of custody, child support, alimony and property division.
His education has prepared him for the unique complexities of family law practice. He has a BA in Psychology with a Business concentration from Pennsylvania State University. He is also a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Patrick has settled in nicely to his adopted home in Philadelphia, but he remains an avid Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates fan. He asks that his clients please not hold this against him.
He is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar, and the American Bar Association. Patrick also currently sits on the Executive Board of the Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court for Members Specializing in Family Law. In his limited free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, children, and their dog, Fitz.
Patrick embodies the values of the firm. Every client is important, every story matters. He strives to make every client who walks through his door feel valued as he provides solid advice and aggressively defends their rights.Want to schedule a free consultation with Patrick? Call 215-625-0851 today.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Wills and Estates
- Real Estate Law
- Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- Business Incorporation
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Pennsylvania State University-University Park, Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a Business Concentration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association-Young Lawyers’ Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court for members specializing in family law