Ms. Joseph was named as a member of LAWYERS OF DISTINCTION for being in the TOP 10% of attorneys in marital & family law, and also Lead Counsel Certified in 2016.
For more information visit https://www.kjosephlaw.com.
Kelley A. Joseph was born in Detroit, Michigan in 1968. She moved to South Florida in 1980 and graduated Nova Southeastern University, School of Law in the top 11% of her class. Ms. Joseph won the Martin H. Feinreider Moot Court Competition while in law school in 1994. Previously, Ms. Joseph received her Bachelor of Arts in English, with a concentration in Technical Writing in 1991 from the University of South Florida.
Ms. Joseph was admitted to the Florida bar in 1994. In February, 1995, Ms. Joseph began a sixteen year working relationship with Ross Zimmerman, Esq. and was an equity partner when she left Zimmerman, Joseph & Bayne in 1994, where she practiced both family law and criminal defense. In March 2011, Ms. Joseph left the firm after almost two decade to create her vision, and opened her own firm, concentrating exclusively in the area of marital and family law.
Law Offices of Kelley A. Joseph was thereafter formed March 2011, and after a year on Las Olas, Ms. Joseph moved her practice to the suburbs where the majority of her clients reside, in the heart of downtown Plantation, in the prestigious Royal Palm II Executive Suites. Ms. Joseph sees the firm as a family, and each client as a key part and active participant in the litigation, all the while each client feels heard and a part of, while still having the comfort of security that the lawyer he or she hired, and her staff have 20 years plus experience in the area and that Ms. Joseph will be the lawyer in court every time.
Ms. Joseph is also a Supreme Court Certified FamilyCourt Guardian Ad Litem since 1998, and has been appointed by Broward judges in over thirty family court cases to serve as guardian ad Litem, and provide the court with recommendations on contested child custody related issues.
Ms. Joseph resides in Davie, Florida with her family. Call Ms. Joseph to set up a consultation. Her no nonsense attitude, professional demeanor and years of experience is in large part the reason why her past clients continue to refer friends and family to her.
ExperienceAttorney/OwnerLaw Offices of Kelley A. Joseph, P.A. (Sole Proprietorship)
March 2011 – Present
I have been a practicing attorney in the State of Florida since 1994, with concentration in all aspects of family law, including, but not limited to: legal separation, dissolution of marriage, post judgment litigation, modification, contempt and enforcement, domestic violence, dependency, paternity, child custody parenting plans and parental responsibility/decision-making, alimony, child support, and equitable distribution. I also handle high asset litigation cases, custody of special needs children, relative temporary custody, and serve as a family court mediator. I am a Supreme Court Certified Family Court Guardian Ad Litem, and a Parenting Coordinator.
I handle cases in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, as well as throughout the state, as far North as Wauchula, Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville. I have appeared "pro hoc vice" or made special appearance with permission of the court, to serve as counsel in the states of Kentucky and Michigan. I am also a member of the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle District of Florida since 1996.Attorney/Partner
Zimmerman, Joseph & Bayne, P.A.
April 2008 – February 2011 (2 years 11 months)
Family law and criminal defense.Attorney/PartnerZimmerman Joseph Bayne & Wolfe, P.A.
February 2003 – April 2008 (5 years 3 months)
Tami Wolfe, Esq. was formerly a partner with the firm.Attorney/PartnerZimmerman, Joseph & Associates
February 1997 – March 2008 (11 years 2 months)
concentration in the areas of family law and criminal defense.Associate
Zimmerman & Associates, P.A.
February 1995 – February 1997 (2 years 1 month)Law Clerk
Law Offices of Roberta Stanley, Esq.
Law Clerk to Ms. Roberta Stanley, Esq., a board certified Family Law Attorney and Florida Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow.Law Offices of Bruno DiGiulian
January 1992 – June 1993 (1 year 6 months)
Law clerk to attorneys Bruno DiGiulian, Esq. (now retired) and Roberta G. Stanley, Esq., while in law school at Nova Southeastern University.
Areas of Practice
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Custody-Parenting Plan, Timesharing and Responsibility
- Alimony, Child Support and Equitable Distribution
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1997
- Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- University of South Florida, Florida
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem April 17, 1998
- Parent Coordination training- 30 hours, Fort Lauderdale, Florida - May, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Advanced Technical Writing Competition, USF , 1991
- NSU Martin F. Feinreider Moot Court Competition, 1994
- Autism Speaks-Gold Seal Fundraiser, 2009 - 2011
- Walk for Autism Now - Gold Level Fundraiser, 2010 - 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Attorney, October 1, 1994 - Present
- Family Law Section Florida Bar, Member, March 1, 1995 - Present
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, March 1, 2011 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Zimmerman, Joseph & Bayne, PA, Attorney/Partner, February 15, 1995 - March 28, 2011
- Sigma Delta Tau
- Zeta Beta Tau
Why Choose Kelley?
- Supreme Court certified to serve as a Guardian Ad Litem since 1998, and appointed over 30 times by the Broward County Court
- Has excellent relationships with industry experts to help clients
- Handled many high net worth cases
- Over 30 hours of training as a Parent Coordinator
- Over 20 years of Experience