A LITTLE ABOUT DIVORCE
Attorney Cameron H. Goodman knows that transitioning from married to single life is not always a smooth process. The mix of strong emotions combined with the far-reaching legal implications can temporarily cloud even the most rational person’s judgment. Cameron’s first objective is to help his clients regain control of their life by offering clarity and insight in an emotionally charged situation. Cameron’s immediate goals are to: identify the relevant legal issues, focus on the most compelling facts, and craft a strategy for resolving conflict tailored to each clients’ specific needs.
AN INSIGHTFUL APPROACH TO THE PRACTICE OF FAMILY LAW
Cameron knows no single approach works for every situation, so in addition to extensive experience as a litigator and trial lawyer, he has training in divorce mediator and in collaborative law. Cameron works with his clients to find the most appropriate approach. He looks for opportunities to utilize the elements of each process if he believes it will move a case toward a favorable resolution.
Cameron’s educational background includes a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law. He also holds a Certificate in Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution from Chicago-Kent College of Law and a Certificate in Divorce Mediation from Northwestern University. He is a fellow in the International Academy of Collaborative Law Professionals.
With over 16 years in private practice, Cameron’s clients have come from diverse backgrounds. He has represented teachers, commodities traders, tradesmen, executives, physicians, artists, business owners, stay-at-home moms and many more. Prior to focusing his practice on divorce and family law, Cameron had the pleasure of working on complex commercial litigation at some of Chicago’s largest law firms, where he learned the skills crucial for successful litigation and trial practice. Today, he applies those skills to every family law matter.
Cameron’s goal is to treat his clients’ the way he would expect to be treated. Often divorce and other family law issues are complex, time consuming, and emotionally draining. He strives to be accessible and respectful of his clients’ time, emotions and wallet.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Cameron is proud to have called DuPage County home for over 29 years. He enjoys spending time with his wife (also a Chicago-Kent alumna), his daughter (perhaps a future alumna), and his two dogs. Cameron enjoys spicy food (the hotter the better), cycling, sailing, and Guinness.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. Political Science and History, with distinction
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., High Honors
- Law Review Member, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Moot Court Team Member, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Mock Trial Team Captain, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Northwestern University, Divorce Mediation Certificate
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Guardian ad Litum, DuPage County
- Fellow, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- State of Illinois
- State of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit