Attorney Byron R. Lau is an associate of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg. His practice focuses on employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and sexual harassment.
Mr. Lau joined the firm after three years of practice in the Employment Litigation Department at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. There, he represented employers in wage and hour class actions as well as discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination cases. Mr. Lau's experience representing management side clients affords him valuable insights into seeking justice for aggrieved employees.
Mr. Lau graduated near the top of his class from UCLA School of Law. Mr. Lau also served as a comments editor of the UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal. While in college at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, he majored in History and Economics, graduating with high distinction and earning membership in the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor fraternity. Mr. Lau enjoys hiking on the numerous trails throughout the Los Angeles area.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Sex, Age and Race Discrimination
- Wage and Hour
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Law Journal: The Asian Pacific American Law Journal, Comments Editor
- University of Michigan
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: History and Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Thai American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- California Attorney General's Office – Antitrust Section, Intern