What Is The National Advocates?
The National Advocates is a professional organization composed of premier lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications in their area of specialty. The areas of specialty are:
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- Social Security Disability Law
- Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law
- Immigration Law
- Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probate Law
This national invitation only organization provides much deserved recognition, marketing and networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for lawyers.
How was I selected for membership into The Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40?
Only Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 advocacy attorneys from each state or highly-populated regions of certain states who are actively practicing in Matrimonial and Family Law, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Social Security Disability Law, Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law, Immigration Law, and Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probate Law are eligible for invitation. Invitees must demonstrate superior qualifications, leadership skills, and results as a legal professional. The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process based upon objective and uniformly applied criteria which can include peer nominations combined with third party research.
Prospective members of The National Advocates are carefully screened prior to receiving an invitation for membership. The criteria used in the evaluation process include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reputation among peers, the judiciary, and the public
- The previous year’s achievements, settlements and verdicts as a trial lawyer
- Board Certification as a trial lawyer or trial attorney
- Nominations received from leading trial lawyers, current members and/or our executive committee members
- Leadership and membership within other national and state trial lawyer organizations
- Rankings and ratings of the attorney by established organizations.
Membership is not automatically renewed; attorneys are reevaluated annually to determine whether their activities and accomplishments qualify them for continued membership.
Why should I accept an invitation to join and what do I get for my membership dues?
The National Advocates is a professional and business organization designed to promote excellence for modern day advocacy attorneys through professional development, education and networking. The National Advocates offer valuable business, case referral and networking opportunities through meetings, seminars, legal publications, and other relevant membership services it offers.
Members of The National Advocates will also be featured on The National Advocates website in its member directory. This directory serves as a useful networking, referral, and public relations tool for our members and the public. Our member profiles include a personal biography, CV, photograph, contact information and links to his or her firm’s website.
Members also receive:
- A public profile on The National Advocates’ website with your name, picture, biography and link to your firm website
- Exclusive use of The National Advocates’ badges on your website and marketing materials, designating you as one of the Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 lawyers in your state or region
- Invitations to all events hosted or endorsed by The National Advocates and The National Trial Lawyers
- Conference discounts to all events endorsed by The National Advocates
- One FREE online ethics CLE offered annually by The National Advocates in partnership with Lawline
- Exclusive member discounts on CLE credits with Lawline, the premier platform for online continuing legal education
- National recognition for being a Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 lawyer in your state or region by attorneys and clients
- For National Advocates: Top 100 members, national recognition in your primary practice area for being a Top 30 Matrimonial and Family lawyer, a Top 20 Workers’ Compensation and Employment lawyer, a Top 15 Consumer Bankruptcy lawyer, a Top 15 Social Security Disability lawyer, a Top 10 Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probate lawyer, or a Top 10 Immigration lawyer
- A news release announcing your selection into The National Advocates to be distributed to your local media and nationwide outlets
- Exclusive access to our product catalog of plaques and statues, recognizing your achievements in the legal profession
- Potential referrals from the public or other members of The National Advocates and our partners for clients and cases
- A complimentary one-year subscription to The Trial Lawyer magazine
- Subscription to Advocacy for All, The National Advocates’ monthly newsletter, featuring articles, announcements and member accomplishments
- Ability to submit articles and recent verdicts or achievements to have them potentially featured on our website, social media, or newsletter
How may I accept an invitation to join The National Advocates?
To accept an invitation into The National Advocates: Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40, please fill out and return the membership form included with your invitation either online, by mail, email or fax, along with payment of your annual membership dues.
How may I obtain more information about The National Advocates?
Additional questions may be directed to our administrative office at
888-491-3885. You may also email us.