The National Advocates — Top 40 Under 40 announces that Brittney Dobbins will serve as the organization’s president for 2019. Ms. Dobbins is an associate in Buchalter’s San Diego office and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property practice groups. Ms. Dobbins represents individuals and businesses in employment, patent, trade secret, and trademark litigation, including both single plaintiff and class action defense before state and federal courts and agencies, and in mediation and arbitration. In addition to litigation, Ms. Dobbins offers preventative advice regarding all aspects of labor and employment law, as well as trademark prosecution.
A former elite gymnast and student-athlete, Ms. Dobbins offers a very motivated, confident, and disciplined practice of law. In addition to her regular practice, she is an active member of her community, contributing significant time and effort to civic and philanthropic causes as well as pro bono matters.
While attending law school, Ms. Dobbins clerked for Foley and Lardner LLP and was a judicial extern within the Los Angeles Superior Court and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California. Prior to attending law school Ms. Dobbins worked full-time as a civil litigation paralegal. She also spent four years in supervisory/operative level management for the retail clothing and accessory industry.
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2018
- The National Advocates Top 40 under 40, 2018
- The National Advocates Top 40 under 40
- 2019 Executive Committee President
Memberships and Associations
- The National Black Lawyers
- The National Advocates
- The National Bar Association
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation
- Enright Inn of Court
- “Women’s History Month: Let’s Talk About Gender Equality in the Workplace,” San DiegoCW6 News, January 1, 2015
Ms. Dobbins earned her Juris Doctorate with a concentration in Intellectual Property Law from California Western School of Law. During law school Ms. Dobbins was a member of the mock trial competitive team, she served as the president of the Black Law Students’ Association, she founded an organization entitled Law Students for Disability Rights, and she received awards for her proficiencies in intellectual property law, her commitment to diversity in the legal profession, and her commitment to pro bono services.
Ms. Dobbins earned her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a minor in Sociology (with a concentration on jurisprudence) Cum Laude from DePaul University in Illinois. During undergrad Ms. Dobbins was a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society, and Pi Sigma Alpha.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California