A: The National Advocates is a professional organization composed of premier lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications in their area of specialty. The areas of specialty are:
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Social Security Disability Law
- Employment Law
- Immigration Law
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
This national invitation only organization provides networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for lawyers.
A: Only The Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 advocacy attorneys from each state or highly-populated regions of certain states who are actively practicing in Matrimonial and Family Law, Bankruptcy Law, Social Security Disability Law, Employment Law, Immigration Law and Wills, Trusts and Estates Law are eligible for invitation. Invitees must demonstrate superior qualifications, leadership skills, and trial results as a legal professional. The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process based upon objective and uniformly applied criteria which includes peer nominations combined with third party research.
Prospective members of The National Advocates are carefully screened prior to receiving an invitation for membership. The criteria used in the evaluation process include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reputation among peers, the judiciary, and the public
- The previous year’s achievements, settlements and verdicts as a trial lawyer
- Board Certification as a trial lawyer or trial attorney
- Nominations received from leading trial lawyers, current members and/or our executive committee members
- Leadership and membership within other national and state trial lawyer organizations
- Rankings and ratings of the attorney by established organizations.
Membership is not automatically renewed; attorneys are reevaluated annually to determine whether their activities and accomplishments qualify them for continued membership.
A: The National Advocates is a professional and business organization designed to promote excellence for modern day advocacy attorneys through professional development, education and networking. The National Advocates offer valuable business, case referral and networking opportunities through meetings, seminars, legal publications, and other relevant membership services it offers.
Members of The National Advocates will also be featured on The National Advocates website in its member directory. This directory serves as a useful networking, referral, and public relations tool for our members and the public. Our member profiles include a personal biography, CV, photograph, contact information and links to his or her firm’s website.
Members also receive:
- A complimentary one-year subscription to The Trial Lawyer magazine
- The potential to have cases referred to you through The National Advocates: Top 100 and The National Trial Lawyers
- Acknowledgement of your achievement by having your biography and firm name displayed on The National Advocates website
- Access to our website’s newsletter Advocacy for All and new blog features, where we encourage contributions
- A distinguished plaque, certificate, desk recognition or digital product available for purchase, denoting your accomplishment as a Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer
- Invitations to all events hosted or endorsed by The National Advocates: Top 100 and The National Trial Lawyers
To accept an invitation into The National Advocates: Top 100 or Top 40 Under 40, please fill out and return the membership form included with your invitation either online, by mail, email or fax, along with payment of your annual membership dues.
A: Additional questions may be directed to our administrative office at
888-491-3885. You may also email us.