In this interview with Larry Bodine, Editor in Chief of Personalinjury.com, attorney Mitch Jackson describes nine important questions you need to ask every lawyer you interview to represent you in a personal injury or wrongful death case. Just as important, he also covers what the right answer to each question should be.
Mitch Jackson is a senior partner with Jackson & Wilson in Orange County, CA. He was recently named the California Lawyer of the Year and has been representing families and consumers for 29 years.
Listen along as he describes the 9 Questions to Ask Every Lawyer You Interview.
1. How long have you been practicing law as a licensed attorney?
2. What percentage of your practice is devoted to personal injury and wrongful death cases?
3. How many court and jury trials have you had and what were your results?
4. Will I be interacting directly with you or someone else in your office?
5. Are you “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell and what other awards or ratings have you received?
6. Are you an active member in the local, state and national trial lawyer organizations? How about your local community and online?
7. Can you provide me with the names of 5-10 past clients who are willing to share their experiences with me about your representation and firm?
8. Do you have testimonials from past clients and other attorneys which i can take with me and read?
9. As my case works its way through the legal system, will you always look me in the eye and tell me what you honestly think and believe as opposed to what you think i want to hear?